1. Moving to Brain/Body Balance
Presented to the CHADD organization along with the ADHD Resource Group of NOVA - October 15, 2016
2. How to Teach Dance to Individuals with Special Needs
Lynne Bauer was on a special needs panel at Towson University - April 2016 for graduate students.
The DanceAbilities model was introduced in this 2 hour workshop with ways to adapt dance for individuals with special needs. This experiential workshop can be especially helpful for educators within the school system.
3. Dance! Express! Workshops (Ages 6 + with Special Needs)
Movement, Music and Communication
This workshop was presented to the Down Syndrome Association of Northern Virginia (DSANV) - November 2015
Our dance-language journey encourages each child to be an explorer, creator and leader. This unique workshop combines the expertise and passions of Lynne Bauer, a Registered Somatic and Movement Therapist and Sherri Shunfenthal, a Speech/Language Therapist, author and poetry workshop leader who have extensive experience working with children with disabilities.
During the 1.5 hour session children will:
- Move to different tempos, poems and songs;
- Explore spatial and body awareness;
- Attune to others through leading and following;
- Share movement images through verbal and non verbal language
- Self-regulate and focus through meditation, poetry, and centering
4. SOMATIC AWAKENINGS WORKSHOP (Adults who are not disabled)
This workshop was presented to the Sun & Moon Yoga Studio - February 2015
Learn more about what Somatics is and how to weave the benefits of this experiential and stimulating knowledge to enliven everyday life and awaken to your joy of movement!
In this 2 hour workshop you will:
- Learn about the foundation of Somatic Practices
- Experience a Somatic Yoga Class with music!
- Find new ways for self-care
- Receive a handout of the Somatic Workshop
If you would like to schedule a workshop for your facility, community center, or workplace please contact us and we will make every effort to accommodate your request.
5. Yoga Therapy for Children with Special Needs
Lynne Bauer presented this workshop to the Marine Corps Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) at Henderson Hall in Arlington VA - June 2014.
Families with children who have special needs participated in this fun yoga/creative movement workshop for ages 7-13. Handouts were distributed with information about the ways in which yoga can be adapted for different disabilities. The audience participated in the yoga class learning creative ways to improve awareness, breath support, body movements, rhythms, and partner balance poses.